Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
robertveiksaar
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Veiksaar

Recover Guest OS

Post by robertveiksaar »

Hi.

When I want to make a recover of Linux Guest OS and run FLR Wizard and get to the step where I should "Customize" FLR Appliance Conf, I'm lost on the IP conf. Should I choose "Obtain IP automatic" or should I conf a static one, and then big question, what IP is requsted?

I'm stuck so please help.
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Re: Recover Guest OS

Post by dellock6 » 1 person likes this post

The FLR activity for linux guests is made possible by deploying an helper appliance. This appliance thus needs to sit into your network so you can reach it via ftp for example to extract files. If you have a dhcp in the network you're deploying FLR to, go with it, otherwise configure an IP address according to the port group you are connecting it to.

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Just to add, that if your target VM is in a different VLAN than the backup server, you also need to configure the appliance with the static IP from the network where the VM you want to restore files for resides and make sure your backup server traffic is routed to that network correctly. The main point to remember is that proxy appliance should reside on the same network as the VM you want to restore files for.
robertveiksaar
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Veiksaar

Post by robertveiksaar »

Thanks for all your help guys. I will look in to this and see if I can get it to work.