Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
royp
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Roy P

Virtual Lab Issue

Post by royp »

We have one network which is a non standard internal network so having to setup the virtual lab manually but not 100% confident on the isolated settings.
We have just the one internal network on the 192.9.200.x
What settings with in Veeam Networking do I need to corectly get the proxy setup to see both the production network on 192.9.200.X and the isolated network.
I must admit Im slightly confused with the wording, do I need to enter a totally seperate network address for this isolated/masqurade network of something like (192.9.201.x or what ever) so it cannot connect to our production network or do I give it the same 192.9.200.* addressing and this all important Proxy prevents the two networks communicating.

Thanks for any help.
royp
Enthusiast

Re: Virtual Lab Issue

Post by royp »

Veeam BnR vers 6.5.0.128
Only need it for SureBackup
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Roy, have you tried going with the defaults? Basic type of networking addresses exactly the case with a single production network and automatically configures all the settings for an isolated network.
royp
Enthusiast

Post by royp »

Cant as its not a default 192.168.0.* etc internal addressing and as such it gives the error : Unable to resolve default network settings.
Its because of this that I have to use the Advanced (manual configuration)
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Got it. Then you need to assign the proxy appliance with the IP address of your production gateway and specify a masquerade network as any other network that is not used in your environment.
royp
Enthusiast

Post by royp »

Thanks foggy, I twigged that later on and actually had support webex onto me just to double check the settings were correct.
Was just a tad uneasy having potential identical dcs/exchanges etc active one the same network so needed clarification that I did have everything set correctly before letting surebackup run.
Belts and braces and all that.
Still seems odd even though they are on seperate networks watching surebackup start up and shutdown the backed up servers in the virtual lab within vcenter.
Thanks for your quick response.