Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
pkerlin
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Phillip Kerlin

Performance Data Missing

Post by pkerlin »

Hello!

I am currently running Veeam Monitor Free edition 5.0.0.261 and VMware 4.1 update 1. I have been missing performance data in both Monitor as well as sporadically in vCenter. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how the collector service gathers its data? Does it use VMware's API and just request the data from vCenter or does it go directly to the vCenter SQL database.

If I can get my coworker to agree, I am probably going to just remove the older version of monitor and install Veeam One 6.5 free edition. Before I do that I want to make sure that the collector service could not be causing any of the missing performance data we are seeing in vCenter. I have also already gone through support with VMware to address the issue and what I find is that they point us back to the vCenter database. We would make a change to it and the data would start showing up for a day and then just drop off. If I look back as far as a month or so you also can see where no changes were made and it pulled some data and then drops back off.

Any information given will be greatly appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Performance Data Missing

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Phillip,

Veeam ONE/Veeam Monitor uses VMware API to collect performance and events data from vCenter Server, no direct connection to vCenter SQL database is made. Can you please tell me if there is any correlation between the time periods when performance data is missing? What is the hardware used to run the vCenter Server?

Thank you!