Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mthiha
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: mthiha

Operator consoles

Post by mthiha »

Hi,

I just installed VB&R. Initial impression is fantistic. very easy to configure.
Then i am thinking, if i have multiple users,operators with different level of permisison, How to do ?
I googled and found enterprise manager. But i cant find that product at veeam anymore.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Operator consoles

Post by veremin »

But i cant find that product at veeam anymore.
There should be a .msi file on the .iso image. Try to find Enterprise manager there.

Otherwise, you can utilize different bult-in security roles that can be granted to users who work with Veeam Backup & Replication. For more information regarding it kindly see corresponding User Guide (p.289).

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
mthiha
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: mthiha

Post by mthiha »

Thanks.
Found the enterprise manager. Its inside .zip package.
my intention is to have multiple pc consoles for operators to monitor and issue jobs.
Can enterprise manager do that? or is there any installation package for console ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Depending on the level of granularity you need. You can read about security roles available in Enterprise Manager in its user guide (p.22). Basically, you can assign permissions on the task level (assign the Portal Administrator, File Restore Operator or Portal Viewer roles in Enterprise Manager and Backup Operator, Restore Operator, Backup Administrator or Backup Viewer roles in backup console itself), however not on the backup job/VM level.