Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bschmidt25
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Bryan Schmidt

Exchange Explorer Database Limit

Post by bschmidt25 »

I am having a consistent issue when trying to mount up a snapshot to do item level restores in Exchange 2010. We have quite a few Exchange databases in our environment (30). VEEAM Explorer will only mount 16 and gives me the following error:

Failed to open exchange store [path] JetError -1214, JET_errTooManyInstances, Cannot start any more database instances.

If the database I need to recover/restore to doesn't open, I have to close one of the ones that I don't need and manually add the store.

The databases are in a 3 member DAG with all of the databases replicating to all servers.

I was not able to locate any information in the documentation or Knowledge Base archives regarding this issue. Is this a limitation in Exchange or something that can be configured/overridden in VEEAM? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Exchange Explorer Database Limit

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hello Bryan,

That's correct, currently you can only mount 16 databases at a time. In v7 this number is going to be increased.

Thanks!
bschmidt25
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Bryan Schmidt

Post by bschmidt25 »

Thanks Vitaliy! I'll deal with it until then. I appreciate the prompt response!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

In fact, you don't have to wait. You can just use the public beta for Veeam Explorer for Exchange v7. This build has the limit lifted... and also features improved in-place restore engine.