Management reporting and documentation
srhorwitz
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stan Horwitz

Scheduled protected VM report

Post by srhorwitz »

Greetings all,

I am very very very new to Veeam and VeeamOne. Two colleagues and I are in the process of setting up a small Veeam server to back up roughly 10 VMs. As I understand it, we have the free VeeamOne reporting package with Veeam, which I have just started looking at. I have gotten pretty good at setting up Veeam to back up some test VMs and restore them, but what mystifies me is how to set up a daily scheduled protected VM report. I see that VeeamOne has a canned report for Protected VMs and it is pretty close to what I want, but not quite.

All I want out of this report is a csv file with the name of each protected VM and how much data it backed up. This is intended to be merged with our hardware inventory system and it needs to be run every morning, so the time scope of this report needs to be the previous night. I don't see an option in VeeamOne to write my own reports like this, nor do I see an option schedule reports. Am I just overlooking some menu somewhere or is this capability not part of VeeamOne? If VeeamOne cannot do this, what other options do I have to generate this report?

Thanks,

Stan Horwitz
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Scheduled protected VM report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Stan,

Veeam ONE v6.5 provides you with a set of predefined report templates, you can set your own parameters, but not the columns to report on. In order to schedule this report, you need to first save the report template and then schedule the saved report via actions menu which is available on the right pane.

Thank you!