Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dmitry86
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam Backup 6.5 - VMware host <IP> not found

Post by dmitry86 »

Hi All,

I've been facing an issues which I'm unable to sort out for almost one week. We have got 4 ESXi staging hosts in a DRS cluster. Basically we do testing of VMware 5.1 and Veeam 6.5 before rolling out into production. vCenter has been deployed on Windows 2008 R2 VM and appears to be working fine even after migration to a new forest (office.example.local) (though this might be an overall cause of the issue)

Once I try to add vCenter host to VBR 6.5 I have got an error below:

I can add all four ESXi hosts one by one without any errors but that's not a workaround for me.

What I have tried already without effect:
1) Re-install vCenter
2) Re-install Veeam
3) Create a new DB for Veeam (we have standalone SQL)
4) Restart management agents at ESXi hosts.
5) Reboot ESXi hosts

As long as it is staging environment I decided not to open a support case as experience may be helpful to the rest.

Thanks
Dmitry
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Backup 6.5 - VMware host <IP> not found

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dmitry,

Any technical problem should be investigated by our support team, it's hard to help with these issues over the community forums. Your experience would be helpful to the other community members if you update your topic with the resolution after dealing with our technical team.

Thanks!
drice
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dan Rice

Post by drice »

I'm getting the same problem....how did you resolve?
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden »

Check you have good DNS resolution in place for a start.
drice
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dan Rice

Post by drice » 1 person likes this post

I was able to resolve by rebooting the VEEAM server. I think the problem was related to myself adding an additional ESX Host to a vCenter server that was already discovered by VEEAM. What was interesting is it would allow me to see the VM's under that ESX host (when creating a replica job) just would fail with error when trying to discover DataStores etc with the same error reflected above. After checking a bunch of things I just bounced the Windows Server running VEEAM (I'm evaluating so everything is on a single box) and now all is well.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

drice wrote:I think the problem was related to myself adding an additional ESX Host to a vCenter server that was already discovered by VEEAM.
So you had the same host added as a standalone and via vCenter Server? This should cause errors like this, anyway, it's good to hear that you've managed to resolve it.