Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
hawkbox
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason

Failed to Connect to Veeam ONE Monitor Server.

Post by hawkbox »

So I took over a Veeam install and I'm trying to connect into the Veeam one install he had running as a demo and it's reporting "Failed to connect to Veeam ONE Monitor Server. Verify that your user accounts belongs to either Veeam ONE Administrators or Veeam ONE Users group one Veeam ONE Monitor Server". I have manually added myself as a Veeam one Administrator and the error is not clearing. I've restarted the service and it hasn't cleared the error.

Has anyone had this happen and figured out an easy fix for it? I only took this over a couple days ago so I'm trying to get a handle on what he set up. I could reinstall the whole thing but I would prefer to sort the problem out. Plus since this is a demo I don't want to harass the support guys.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Failed to Connect to Veeam ONE Monitor Server.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jason,

Can you please tell me if you're trying to connect from a remote server or a local one (where Veeam ONE server is installed)?

Thanks!
hawkbox
Influencer

Post by hawkbox »

Oh sorry, the local server where the services are running. I was hunting for the installer to install on my local machine and decided to try the server install before proceeding.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

hawkbox wrote:I have manually added myself as a Veeam one Administrator and the error is not clearing
Do you have the same error message when trying to connect with the account used to install Veeam ONE on this machine?
hawkbox
Influencer

Post by hawkbox »

I don't have access to that account unfortunately. They don't want to reset the password atm.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...what is the account name used to run Veeam ONE services? Does it belong to Veeam ONE admin group?
hawkbox
Influencer

Post by hawkbox »

It's the Administrator account... hmm it's not directly part of the veeam one admin group....

Edit: Ok adding administrator to the veeam one admin group seems to have corrected the issue.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thank you for coming back and updating the topic with the resolution. Actually this was a known issue > Veeam one v6 Error in login
hawkbox
Influencer

Post by hawkbox »

Huh, I googled that exact phrase and nothing came up. And I didn't get anything searching the forum either. I figured it had to be a known issue but had no luck finding KB articles. Hopefully this will turn up in Google searches for the next poor devil at any rate.