Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
skoch
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

V7 and tape out functionality

Post by skoch »

We are in the process of planning a new backup project and we'd like to start using the tape out functionality when v7 is released, however we don't know if all of the features we need will be present. I know the product isn't out yet, but if someone could speak to this it would be a big help to us.

- Will there be an option to set retention periods for both full and incremental backups to tape?

- Will there be an option to setup multiple schedules for a single backup job? For instance we need weekly full tape backups to be retained for 28 days, monthly for 3 years and yearly for 10 years.

Thanks!

Steve
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: V7 and tape out functionality

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Hi Steve,

I´m very enthusiastic about our tape integration and functionallity.
Please have a look at the tape announcement Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66b67zL8VJ8&autoplay=1
Will there be an option to set retention periods for both full and incremental backups to tape?
On 1:36 at the Video you can see how it works.
Will there be an option to setup multiple schedules for a single backup job?
If you look at the Video, you can see that you can select a job or repository and bring this data to tape. You can add 3 Jobs with different Retention on different tape mediapools.

CU Andy
skoch
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: V7 and tape out functionality

Post by skoch »

Thanks Andy! I had checked out the video but I'm not seeing where retention periods are set (like they are on disk jobs in 6.5 today). It's okay if it isn't in the video, if you know that it's part of v7 that's all I need to know.