Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bauclair
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Auclair

Veeam Cloud Edition - Trial License Available?

Post by bauclair »

Is there any planned availability of trial licenses for the B&R Cloud Edition? I've just upgraded my (paid) B&R Standard version from 6.1 to 6.5 and applied the Cloud-specific add-on patch, and am being told I need a Cloud-specific license to use the program. I was going to use the app with an Amazon Glacier trial, but probably won't if I need to purchase a license/subscription without being able to evaluate first. Please advise.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Veeam Cloud Edition - Trial License Available?

Post by Gostev »

I just tried downloading B&R Cloud Edition, and automatically got an email with trial license with the cloud component enabled.
bauclair
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Auclair

Post by bauclair »

Gostev, thanks for your reply. Sure enough, I checked our spam firewall and found a Veeam email giving me the information I needed. My apologies for a needless post, and thanks again for your patience.
leebtish
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Lee Russell

[MERGED] : Cloud Trial License for existing B&R Customers

Post by leebtish »

Hi all,

Was hoping someone can shed some light on the new cloud edition license. Yep, I've read the release notes and many of the posts but can't find an answer. I recently downloaded the Cloud add-on for backup and replication 6.5 but when I run the program a message is displayed:

“Currently installed veeam backup and replication license does not include this component. Please install the cloud edition license and try again.”

I understand that a license is required, however for existing customers is there a trial license that we can use ? I need to evaluate this to see if it is worth us purchasing a license.

I believe you can evaluate the cloud edition if you are a new customer, so surely existing customers can do the same ?

Thanks! :D
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Lee.

You have been merged to the existing discussion. Try the procedure described above, downloading Cloud Edition from our official web-site, and see whether the corresponding licence is sent to you e-mail address.

Otherwise, at downloading page there is an option called “Download Key”. If use it, the VB&R licence file applicable to all product editions will be sent to given e-mail address. So, in order to test CE you can just replace you existing licence with a sent one and move back when the trial period is over.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
leebtish
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Lee Russell

Post by leebtish »

Hi there,

Just to let you know, Veeam licensing sent me a trial key, but yes. Realized after I could have downloaded a trial key with the cloud edition :)

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Glad you’ve managed to get required licence file.

Should any additional help be needed, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks.