Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
onsik
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mariusz

nworks Vmware - VM uuid conflict

Post by onsik »

HI

We use Veeam nworks Enterprise Manager with SCOM 2007.

I have a small issue that I am trying to resolve. We use Veeam backup and replication 5.0.2 where we have 5 replica job created.
We run a replica jobs every day and because replica machine is exact copy of VM , it has the same UUID SCOM send us the nworks vCenter alerts: VM uuid conflict.

Source: vcenter-p.swi.srse.net
Alert Description: The instance UUID (50247fa3-3196-3aaf-cb35-96d2c33a77ff) of h0404_replica conflicts with the instance UUID assigned to h0404
Alert Rule: nworks vCenter: VM uuid conflict

My question is: how can we disable that warning alert for: VM uuid conflict
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: nworks Vmware - VM uuid conflict

Post by Alec King »

Hello Mariusz,

You cannot disable the event on the vCenter side, but you can simply disable the rule on the SCOM side.

This is how-
Right-click the Alert
Go to Overrides>Override The Rule
Create an override to disable it by checking Enabled box and setting Override Value to FALSE.

I suggest you store your override in a dedicated 'nworks overrides' MP - not in the Default Management Pack (as per MS best practice)

You can also get to the overrides dialog by going through SCOM console - Authoring - Rules and search for the rule by name. Then right-click and override as above.

Regards,
Alec
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

Another note - you cannot disable this rule per-VM in nworks 5.7, because it targets the vCenter itself. You can only disable it globally.
In the next update of the MP this rule will be moved to target VM directly, giving more granular control (per-VM or group of VMs)
onsik
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mariusz

Post by onsik »

Thanks Alex
jonah.piascik
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jonah Piascik

Veeam MP (6.0) - DataStore Connectivity Alert during Backup

Post by jonah.piascik »

Hi

We recently upgraded to VEEAM MP 6 and would like to be able to override the following alert when the name of the datastore in the alert description contains a specific string (in our case the string would be "_GX_BACKUP_". These datastores are transient during our backup process and create a lot of 'noise' in our alert notifications.

Is this possible?

Alert: Veeam VMware: vSphere Host Storage Error
Resolution state: Closed
Time Raised: 5/17/2013 11:20:07 PM
Source: esxinfrch09p.ccmc.local
Path:
Alert description: [esx.problem.storage.connectivity.lost] Lost connectivity to storage device naa.50002acc86e1138a. Path vmhba2:C0:T1:L25 is down. Affected datastores: ESX_DataStore22_NR_FP_GX_BACKUP_26592_2.Alert
Severity: 2
Alert Priority: 2
Category: EventCollection
Owner:

Last Modified Time: 5/20/2013 11:32:01 AM
Last Modified By: CCMC\CCMC-03
Resolved Time:
Resolved By: CCMC\CCMC-03

Alert view link: "http://SOMINFRCH01P/OperationsManager?D ... 0029092%7d"
Notification subscription ID generating this message: {B9B57382-9F3E-5D93-CA17-8FB9F3E4A3F0}
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden »

You should be able to create a dynamic data store group based on that name string and apply the override to the group.
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King » 1 person likes this post

Unfortunately the Target for this alert is Host - not Datastore. So you cannot use a group of Datastores for the override.

However, fortunately I anticipated this type of request :D

The rule vSphere Host Storage Error has overrides that allow specific event IDs or text to be excluded. If you examine the available overrides, there is one called 'Exclude Text'. This is already populated with contents -
DummyEventText1|DummyEventText2
(this dummy text is included just to show the format of the text, and that multiple strings are supported using RegExp)

This parameter supports wildcards, so in this case replace the dummy text with the desired wildcard -
*_GX_BACKUP_*
This will prevent the rule firing when event description contains _GX_BACKUP_

That should do it! Let us know how it goes,
Cheers
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden »

I sit corrected :)
jonah.piascik
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jonah Piascik

Post by jonah.piascik » 1 person likes this post

Alex - the Exclude Text parameter worked perfectly! I had called VEEAM support just after I posted this, and we worked through setting this up. Thank you so much for the response! These parameters make these rules very flexible!