PowerShell script exchange
poch19
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Pooja Choudhary

Need code to automate functionality to get data about commun

Post by poch19 »

I need a powershell code to get this done

We have communities for clients and I want to get data about those communities. We need an automated way to compare the Approved Communities to the Discoverable Communities then output the names of the Communities that are Approved and not Discoverable. To find out the approved communities , we have document library which contains only approved communities name.

It was found that there are some Communities that are Private but have not been approved to be Private. As a result, we need a way to easily find the unapproved private Communities too

1. I want to loop through the communities one by one and see if I can find the same community in the document library named requestlib(link)
a. If it exists in the RequestLib, then it’s Approved
i. If it does not exist in RequestLib, then I want to report this community
ii. If it does exist in RequestLib then I want move on to b and c to check if it’s Discoverable or Undiscoverable and if it’s Public or Private
b. Then I would check to see if the ng-community-discoverable = 1 or 0.
i. This is a checkbox value in the site itself. 1 = Discoverable, 0 = Undiscoverable.
ii. If ng-community-discoverable = 0, then I want to report this community
c. Next I would check to see if ng-community-privacy is Public or Private
i. If ng-community-privacy = Private, then I want to report this community

Please help me out with this. Thanks in advance
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Need code to automate functionality to get data about co

Post by veremin »

Could elaborate a little bit on how the scenario described above is related to Veeam Backup and Replication? What is the product you’re using and what specific goals you’re willing to achieve?

Thanks.
poch19
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Pooja Choudhary

Post by poch19 »

I am sorry I think I posted my query under wrong section. Its not related to Backup & Replication. Can you please direct me where can I repost this? Thanks

It like, I want to write the script to check all the communities in web and compare that data with the data in document libraray. If it matches then ok. Otheriwse report back
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Please be aware that this community, in general, and this subforum, in particular, is primarily concerned with Veeam Software products and everything that is related to it.

If you’re eager to find a site where your general PS questions can be answered properly, I’d recommend seeing the StackoverFlow one, which is Q&A site for programmers.

Anyway, should someday you implement Veeam in your environment and have some questions, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks.