Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
johnlong
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times

Surebackup Job shutting down

Post by johnlong »

I'm trying to troubleshoot why my other surebackup job failed so I created a second job. I have the Keep the application group running once the job completes box checked but it still shuts down. It's so frustrating.

I'm using version 6.5.0.144 64bit.

Thanks!
zoltank
Expert
Liked: 41 times

Re: Surebackup Job shutting down

Post by zoltank »

Are any of the VMs failing to start or run the test script?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi John,

Do you possibly run a backup job for the VMs in the SureBackup job at the same time?

Thanks!
janpaulsmit
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jan Paul Smit

Post by janpaulsmit »

I have the same issue (surebackup job stops). All surebackup test scripts have run succesfully and no backup jobs are running at the same time.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Guys, have you already contacted support with that? SureBackup job log should definitely tell the reason of the shutdown.
johnlong
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times

Post by johnlong »

I haven't contacted support. One of my systems won't boot. I get a blue screen, Stop error code 0x0000006B PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. So far the general fixes I have come across have not worked. I am now scared to reboot my production server! :shock:

I have booted the VM on it's own for troubleshooting I just found it to be frustrating that the surebackup job was closing on me.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

johnlong, if your VM is in Application Group and it is failing some of the tests (it should be true if it boots into blue screen), then ShureBackup job will stop regardless "Keep Application Group Running" checkbox.
If you want to troubleshoot one of VMs that failed, you can open a session of failed job, right click on VM you need and press "Start".
Starting job that way should prevent VM from stopping, even if some tests are failed.