Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kevvy_wilch
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Wiltshire

Confusion over Restore point dates

Post by kevvy_wilch »

Hello,

I had a SAN failure over the weekend and had to restore some of my VM's to a different datastore (yes it was a very eventful weekend!!!). Anyway I got everything back and working but I lost 3 days processing on my Accounting SQL server, or so I thought. I used a restore point which within the VEEAM software which showed the date as 15/05/13 03:27. I therefore assumed that I had lost all data entry for Wed, Thu and Fri. However, when our Accounts team checked we had everything up to Friday morning, so just Friday processing missing. When I checked the dates of actual VEEAM backup files, the last full backup is dated 17/05/13 at 04:03 which concurs with the data on my Accounts server. Please see screenshots below:

Why are the dates out? Please advise.

Many thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Confusion over Restore point dates

Post by foggy »

Kevin, have you already contacted support with that? I can't remember something like that reported previously, so I suggest you contact them for assistance in logs review.

Just one note, to get the correct file creation date, you should not look at the file's modified date but rather at the date and time stamp saved in the VRB file name.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

By analyzing provided information, I can see that the Friday’s restore points being present on the disk are not captured by Veeam Backup and Replication (10th and 17th of May). Do you have specific activity scheduled on this day of week?

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Btw, what is the backup schedule for this job?
kevvy_wilch
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Wiltshire

Post by kevvy_wilch »

Thanks for all of your responses and sorry for the slow reply. No I haven't raised it with support yet but I will when I get chance. The backup schedule for this job is daily reversed incremental keeping 7 restore points.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

It would be much appreciated if you could update the thread with the results of your investigation with support.