Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
justinoleary911
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Justin O'Leary

Some VM's taking forever to replicate

Post by justinoleary911 »

I have a replication job from one esxi 5.1 host to another. theirs no shared storage, both servers have local raid-5 arrays. I have a replication job for all the server 2012 servers which is only 4 servers, listed below. replication time is listed next to the VM for the incremental snapshots. as you can see it takes the exchange and nms server many hours to finish while the others are quick. what could I do to speed the process up on the 2 VM's? it says the primary bottleneck is the target. right now Im doing replication jobs locally on the LAN and I see the exchange server seems to be replicating the whole exchange store every time, is this normal?

1. SQL 2012- 03:55
2. 2012 DC- 07:16
3. 2012 server with exchange 2010- 3:31
4. 2012 nms server- 2:19
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Some VM's taking forever to replicate

Post by veremin »

I see the exchange server seems to be replicating the whole exchange store every time, is this normal?
First of all, it might be worth taking a look at the job statistics in order to see whether changed block tracking mechanism is being utilized or not. Kindly check for the following line: “Changed block tracking is enabled”.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Some VM's taking forever to replicate

Post by foggy »

Also, where is Veeam B&R installed and what proxy servers are used for replication, I wonder?