Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hasnuman
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Hasan Numanoglu

Cloud Backup Incremental

Post by hasnuman »

Hi,

I have cancelled my datacenter contract and started to send backups Windows Azure. For "backup mode" I m using incremental with "forever incremental" box checked(sythetic full) and 14 resore points set. My first backup is approx. 1TB and can send that data in 1,5 weeks to Azure cloud.(10MB Upload speed). So I heavly need to send new backup sets as smaller incemental pieces. Every week I m planning to send weekly backups to Azure.

First question is, synthetic backups will run every Sunday to make a new full backup set on B&R application side; after that, will the Veeam cloud backup try to send new data as new full backup??? or another alogoritm will work???

Do you advise to send one full backup monthly and 29 incremental piece with syntectih backup box cleared...?

Second question is, purge option, if I select 31 days as a retention, period, will it clear full backup from cloud and will need new full backup upload? or are there any other clever alogoritm, to create a new one in the cloud..?

Thanks,

Hasan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cloud Backup Incremental

Post by foggy »

hasnuman wrote:First question is, synthetic backups will run every Sunday to make a new full backup set on B&R application side; after that, will the Veeam cloud backup try to send new data as new full backup??? or another alogoritm will work???
Veeam B&R Cloud Edition simply copies the contents of your backup repository to a cloud storage provider so it will send the entire new full backup file to the cloud once it is created.