Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Nikolay
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Nikolay Evdokimov

VMs replica jobs sometimes stuck

Post by Nikolay »

Hello,

We are using Veeam B&R 6.5 for VMWare vSphere 5.0 for two sites: Prod and DR. We have 9 replica jobs at the moment. Some of them (almost every time those with the 2 most big VMs - file servers with about 500GB data) are accidentally stuck sometimes and sometimes all of the jobs finish without any errors. When the replica job stucks there are no errors in the statistics screen of the Veeam interface - it just stops for the infinite time until veeam services restart. Next time problem job usually runs fine.

I can say that these two biggest VMs are not heavily used - they are just regular windows file servers with relatively low load, they just big. Back end vmware storage is also quite fast and low utilized at these problem moments - so I think this problem is not performance related.
The link between sites is 30Mbps but has quite big latency - 50-70ms.

Please assist.

Thanks,
Nikolay
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: VMs replica jobs sometimes stuck

Post by foggy »

Nikolay, at what stage of the replication the process sticks (what do you see in the job statistics window at that moment?)? Have you contacted technical support with that issue? Job debug logs will definitely show what's happening at that time.
Nikolay
Influencer

Post by Nikolay »

Alexander,

Job statistics window shows different things in different job stuck situations: usually is just freezes at the normal virtual HD read process (in random places of this process). We have support license for every socket for this client, could you please give me some directions about how to contact Veeam tech support?

Thanks,
Nikolay
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

homerjnick
Expert
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Nick Mahlitz

Post by homerjnick »

I get this all the time, the job finished fine but the job stops at 99% and just runs constantly...a stop and start of the Veeam services clears it...there are no temporary snapshots left and the replica is fine....
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

homerjnick wrote:I get this all the time, the job finished fine but the job stops at 99% and just runs constantly...a stop and start of the Veeam services clears it...
Nick, did you get a chance to provide your logs to support team? That's not an acceptable behavior, indeed.
Nikolay
Influencer

Post by Nikolay »

Yes I did: I'm in the process of resolving this issue with tech support now.
Thank you!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly provide a support ticket ID, so that, we can follow your case and update the topic once the resolution is found. Thanks.