Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Restore from Import

Post by trackstar »

Hello,

I did a test and moved one set of backup (full backup and 2 incrementals) to a separate folder. Then a few days later, I went to "imported" (Import Backup) to bring in the files that I moved. Now, I see the restore points from "ExchangeBackup_imorted", but I don't see the options for "Restore Microsoft Exchange Items.."

I am looking to restore a mailbox like where I was able to go down to Disk--> "Restore Microsoft Exchange Item.."

Thanks,
TS
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Restore from Import

Post by veremin »

What happens if you click Home -> Restore -> Application item -> Exchange and select a necessary backup? Will you be able to restore required individual objects or not?

Thanks.
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

v.Eremin wrote:What happens if you click Home -> Restore -> Application item -> Exchange and select a necessary backup? Will you be able to restore required individual objects or not?

Thanks.

I just tried it. I don't see the restore points for them.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please follow this procedure, should help: 6.5 Exchange Explorer - should it work with 6.1 backup?
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

v.Eremin wrote:What happens if you click Home -> Restore -> Application item -> Exchange and select a necessary backup? Will you be able to restore required individual objects or not?

Thanks.

Ignore my comment early. I did see the restore points this time by locating the XX_imported. I selected a point to restore, then Veeam Explorer for Exchange opened up and with the progress of it being mounted. After that I am not seeing anything. The status shows as success "VEX_FLR_[Server]" with type FileLevelRestore.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

And what about manual procedure that Vitaliy has referred to? Does it also result in nothing?

Thanks.
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

I did the readings yesterday but didn't have a chance to verify it. From the steps I have tried, the original chain metadata file is still in the original location. It was never copied and moved like the set that I was testing.
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

I got it resolved :).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Glad the proposed solution helped! Thanks for updating the thread.