Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
patrick.u
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Patrick

Veeam Collector port question

Post by patrick.u »

We have to NAT the port 443 from the Veeam Virtualization Extension to the vCenter.
It successfully establish a connection to the vCenter and add the hosts, but the collector can't get any data from vCenter.

It seems that the Collector uses the same port as the Virualization Extenstion to connect to VC.
I can see in the Collector vmspi log, that the Collector trys to establish a connection to VC with the natted port.

How can i configure the Collector to use the default port 443?

Thanks,
Patrick
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Veeam Collector port question

Post by sergey.g »

Hello Patrick,

Collector should use the same 443 port to connect to VC by default. I don't think I fully understand your environment, I would appreciate if you can submit a support ticket with detailed information about your configuration. Our support team will do their best to quickly solve your issue. You can submit a support case here: http://cp.veeam.com/

Is it possible that collector is running on a different server than Virtualization Extensions? In this case your NAT rule for extensions server may not allow other servers, such as collector server to access this "natted" port.

Thanks.
patrick.u
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Patrick

Re: Veeam Collector port question

Post by patrick.u »

Hello Sergey,

thanks, i will open a support case.

Yes, the Virtualization Extension running on another server than the Collector. the Virtualization Extension establish a connection with the port 4443 to the vCenter, and before a firewall will NAT this port to 443. The Collector and the vCenter are on the same server.

Patrick