Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

no data avaiable

Post by frankive »

I used veeam one to monitor 2 hyper-v cluster.
On one of the hyper-v cluster we get no data avaiable on many of the options and in particular all the VM info.
on the other hyper-v cluster we get all the information we are looking for.

The cluster that we are having problems to collect from is actually on the same subnet as the veeam one server, so no firewall is between.
the working cluster is actually routed through a firewall, so that part is working..

Any ideas what could cause this? Some information arrives f.ex hosts state, disk space usage, but not virtual machines state..

Just another quiestion; Is it possbielt to see how much ram a vm is actually using from a 2008 r2 sp1 virtual machine? I just get the fixed ram, and that doesn't provide me too much information regarding my terminalserver calculation and capasicty planning.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: no data avaiable

Post by Vitaliy S. »

frankive wrote:On one of the hyper-v cluster we get no data avaiable on many of the options and in particular all the VM info.
Can't say anything on that without seeing full log files, so please contact our technical team directly for assistance.
frankive wrote:Is it possbielt to see how much ram a vm is actually using from a 2008 r2 sp1 virtual machine? I just get the fixed ram, and that doesn't provide me too much information regarding my terminal server calculation and capasicty planning.
Unfortunately, this metric is not exposed via Hyper-V API for VMs with static memory configuration (need to connect to Guest OS directly to see memory usage), that is why you can see only fixed limit.