Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
monkeymagic79
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Mulliss

Audible Alarms

Post by monkeymagic79 »

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help we want to have a schedule task run when alarm is triggered that plays an MP3. Sounds easy right! we have tried everything but to no evail then a client asked for the same feature so we tried again.

We ended up giving in and calling Veeam an engneer said it was possible but then couldnt get it to work so they said they would lab it. Now the answer has come back.

"Hello,

I apologize for the delay in a solution to the scripting question, I have done a lot of testing in our lab using various accounts and built scripts.

Even when logged in as the Veeam Service Account all scripting is executed silently in the background. I have built scripts with commands to open in a new windows force start as a new thread and various other options.

Based on this testing Veeam One does not appear to be able to execute audible alarms through running scripts.

Are there any other issues or questions I can assist with?

Thank you,
Veeam Support"

So does this mean that we cant run\write scripts for Veeam One when using the trigger option to run a script. If anyone has ever got this working I would be very appreciative if they could share the knowledge.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Audible Alarms

Post by veremin »

Previously I’ve created a script that can help in achieving what you’re after; so, kindly take a look. Thanks.
jevontane
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jevon Tane

Re: Audible Alarms

Post by jevontane » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

We have a terminal server that we have multiple dashboards (TVs on the wall) logged into. For our Veeam dashboard I have the following .bat file on the Veeam ONE server that is triggered by the alarm, it uses psexec to execute another .bat file on the remote system (the dashboard terminal server) that plays a sound:

Code: Select all

@echo off
C:\VeeamAlert\PsExec.exe \\terminalserver -u domain\username -p userpassword -i 2 -d C:\VeeamAlert\PlaySound.bat
-i specifies the RDP session ID of the Veeam dashboard, unfortunately I couldn't be bothered scripting something to get this automatically as the session is logged in 24/7 and I'd just change it manually if the session was ever logged off and needed to be logged in again.

The PlaySound.bat calls a tool I'd found online to play .wav files from a command line and is located on the remote server.

Hope this helps.