Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mongie
Expert
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Alex Macaronis

Tape Library / Autoloader Suggestions

Post by mongie »

Hello,

We're looking at tape for our regional sites, and I need to pick a library/autoloader to buy now. We normally buy Dell, and we currently have an assortment of PV124t and TL2000 that are out of warranty etc.

I do not want a PV124t. The firmware is terrible and they're just not good. I'm ok with a TL2000, but its not my favourite. I find them slow, and I dont think their scanning is all that good.

So, I'm keen to look at other brands. HP, Overland, Tandberg, Quantum etc. Has anyone got any experience in the <25 tape library space. Price needs to be less than $10k US and I'm not sure if I want one or two LTO6 SAS drives.

I know there is a lot of OEM/Rebranding in the market, and I'm not wanting to buy a HP 1/8 Autoloader, only to find its the same as the Dell PV124T that I wanted to avoid.

Thanks,
Alex
mongie
Expert
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Alex Macaronis

Re: Tape Library / Autoloader Suggestions

Post by mongie »

Nobody has a comment?
zoltank
Expert
Liked: 41 times

Re: Tape Library / Autoloader Suggestions

Post by zoltank »

We're on or second Overland Neo 2000 and we've been very happy with them. We've been running them for a total of about 7 years now and we've only had one issue which Overland quickly fixed. Performance is good. I plan to buy a third one with LTO-6 this coming year.