Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
tjtar12
Lurker
Liked: never

Reporting Time Frames

Post by tjtar12 »

Is there a way with the latest version of Veeam Monitoring to export a report that provides more performance detail than in per hour increments? I know data is collected every few minutes but the report only shows per hour.

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Reporting Time Frames

Post by Gostev »

Hello, real-time data takes absolutely huge amount of storage, which is why all historical data is reduced and stored as hourly points. Would you like to be able to store real-time data for longer period even if doing this would increase SQL database size requirements in a few times? What period?
tjtar12
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by tjtar12 »

I would like to have that option, at least from the standpoint of exporting the data to excel regardless of storage. I am currently analyzing a performance issue that occurs over the course of less than one hour. The dashboard displays the issue, but I export the results because it would only show 2 data points.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

If you are analyzing performance for period less than 24 hours, it is possible to get more granularity.

Open, Excel report, select any number grid in the Row label column, select Option Excel tab, click Group Fiels, add Minutes to selection. Graph will show you multiple extra point (1 point for every 5 minutes versus 1 point per hour).

Hope this helps!