Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Marc
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc

New Feature...

Post by Marc »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering about the possibility of a new job type in v7 that performs a backup / backup copy and replication in one? I've been thinking about the new possibilities in v7 and the requirements to have both ready to turn on replica's as well as backups offsite...

Not quite sure how you tie this all together, but the idea of only snapshotting the source VM once and only having the data transfer over the WAN once for a backup / backup copy and replica appeals. Basically my idea is that the destination proxy would send the data received both to a backup repository and also a replica at the same time (and keep these two in lock step to enable continuous incremental updates).

Marc
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: New Feature...

Post by veremin »

Unfortunately, it’s neither possible in the moment, nor will it be in the upcoming release of VB&R. Though, thanks for the feedback; much appreciated.

Another thing I want to mention is that the future backup copy job won’t work with your Virtual Infrastructure, but rather with the corresponding backup data. So, there will be no need to take additional snapshot of production VMs, etc.; all you have to do is to specify required backup job or given VMs that are stored inside and then the job will handle the offsite copying process for you.

Thanks.
natrimac
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Will Pulsifer

Re: New Feature...

Post by natrimac »

That would be sweet though!