Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cbrasga
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Cazi Brasga

2 Feature Requests

Post by cbrasga »

1. Allow for setting a start time on a QuickMigration: There are times when I want to QuickMigrate after hours when the server overhead is low or users are offline. Rather than having to do it manually at 2AM it would be nice to be able to set a start time (and date) for a QuickMigration job.

2. Automatically determine vCenter host and backup directly. When building the VM list, if the vCenter server is in it, have Veeam B&R determine which host is currently running vCenter for that backup and talk directly to the host to backup just the vCenter server up, the rest of the VM backups will be controller via vCenter.

Just some thoughts. I still LOVE the product, can't wait 'til v7.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: 2 Feature Requests

Post by foggy »

Hello, Cazi.
cbrasga wrote:1. Allow for setting a start time on a QuickMigration: There are times when I want to QuickMigrate after hours when the server overhead is low or users are offline. Rather than having to do it manually at 2AM it would be nice to be able to set a start time (and date) for a QuickMigration job.
This in fact was already requested several times previously. Makes perfect sense.
cbrasga wrote:2. Automatically determine vCenter host and backup directly. When building the VM list, if the vCenter server is in it, have Veeam B&R determine which host is currently running vCenter for that backup and talk directly to the host to backup just the vCenter server up, the rest of the VM backups will be controller via vCenter.
Actually, v7 will handle vCenter VM backup on the product level, though in a bit different way. However, there will be no need in direct host connection.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback!
cbrasga
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Cazi Brasga

Re: 2 Feature Requests

Post by cbrasga »

Okay, great! Glad to hear Veeam has taken our input and plans on adding those features. Thanks!