Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
alex.nunley
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Nunley

Repository host renamed...

Post by alex.nunley »

Searched, couldn't really find anything in regards to my situation.

So I have two backup repositories, lets say M and N . Both were hung off server 008. Server 008 has been renamed to archive.

I cant remove the old repositories, they are in use. Added "new" server, added "new" repositories M-archive and N-archive, pointed at the same locations as before.

Go to a job, change the targeted repository, click Map backup, and for most of them, the folder of the extant backup is there. For some, its not.

Rescan repository is met with a yellow triangle, failed to synchronize backup repository N-archive, Backup repositories synchronization completed with warnings.

I don't know how to find a log of the error, is that going to be a windows application error? or an internal logging system?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Repository host renamed...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Alex,

What if you move all existing backup files (VBM, VBK, VIB/VRB) to a new repository, then click to remove backups from the console (do not delete them from disk), once done, rescan your repositories and point your backup jobs to just moved backup files. This should allow you to get rid of the previous backup repository in the backup console.

As to the log files location, please open Veeam backup console -> then Help -> Support information to find the complete description of the warning message.

Thank you!
alex.nunley
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Nunley

Post by alex.nunley »

I dont have the capacity to move them in that way, dealing with 90% full repos, both 18TB.....
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

It is best to open a support case, and let them troubleshoot your issue. I would not expect host rename to cause any issues with properly functioning DNS...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

alex.nunley wrote:I dont have the capacity to move them in that way, dealing with 90% full repos, both 18TB.....
You do not actually need to copy the files but rather move them. Have you tried to perform the actions outlined here? The same as Vitaliy has suggested, but just in the form of step-by-step instructions. If this does not help, then it's definitely worth opening the case to troubleshoot.