Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JayFo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason F

Unable to access sandbox VMs from alternate subnets

Post by JayFo »

I've setup an application group to access a couple of VMs in a sandbox. They are up and running and pingable from the backup server. I know that they will not be accessible from other locations without setting up a route statement to point at the proxy appliance as the gateway for the masquerade subnet.

The problem I'm having is that after adding the route statement, the VMs are still only pingable from machines on the same subnet as the proxy appliance. If I add the route statement to machines on any other subnet, they can't seem to reach the VMs behind the proxy. Any idea why this might be happening? Thanks
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Unable to access sandbox VMs from alternate subnets

Post by tsightler » 1 person likes this post

Did you also add routes in the router? You can't just add a static route on the systems in the other subnets and get it to work. Actually, you don't need to do that at all, it's the router between the subnets that needs to know how to get to the vLab. Also, the virtual lab proxy would need to have it's default gateway pointing at a router that knows how to reach the systems on the other subnet.

You might want to just use the static mapping feature. This will allow you to assign an alternative IP address from your primary subnet which would allow you to access the VMs in the vLab from any subnet that can reach your production subnet without making any network changes at all.
JayFo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason F

Re: Unable to access sandbox VMs from alternate subnets

Post by JayFo »

Thanks for the response Tom. I went with a static mapping, and although I had a few problems that required opening a support ticket, all is good now and things are working as expected. Thanks again!