Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
johntnavi
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John T

Job History Retention

Post by johntnavi »

Does anyone know if there is a default setting for all Backup jobs? I need to retain the status(completion\failed) on all jobs for over a year due to corporate policies. I see there is an event history option in Enterprise manager and want to be sure that is the setting. If that is so is 12 months the max or can I extend that.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Job History Retention

Post by veremin »

Hi, John. You can go to the Backup server menu -> options -> History -> and specify there an interval during which you want to keep history data. Thanks.
johntnavi
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John T

Post by johntnavi »

it does not go above 12 months, I need to be able to get at least 16 as the previous year backups will be scrutinized by internal auditors.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Then, I’m wondering whether you have Veeam ONE deployed in your environment. If so, please be aware that the upcoming version of VeeamOne will have a rich set of pre-defined backup-related reports that can be used for auditing, compliance and other purposes, as well. Moreover, there will be a separate retention policy that can be extended up to three years.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback; much appreciated.
yizhar
Service Provider
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Yizhar Hurwitz

Post by yizhar »

Hi.

Another option is to create a mailbox such as backupreporst@whatever,
and direct Veeam email reports there - in addition to reports you send to yourself.
Using an email distribution group (including yourself and an archive mailbox) is also possible.

This might not be the best option - but if you don't find something better I think that it is a good alternative or addition to built in history.

Email reports will also not be affected by reinstall or other changes to the backup server that might happen over time.

Yizhar