Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
timvk
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: TimVK

Virtual Lab mapping to accessible IP

Post by timvk »

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to make the Virtual lab act like for example with NAT so that I can access my started servers (through surebackup) from my own PC. So I do not need to connect first to the RDP of the Veeam backup server and there connect through RDP to the started servers that run in the virtual lab.
Hopefully somebody can help me out with this one.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Virtual Lab mapping to accessible IP

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Tim,

Please take a look at our sticky F.A.Q. that should guide through the required configuration steps:
F.A.Q. wrote:Q: What if i want all computers on the network to be able to access those temporary VMs running in the virtual lab?
A: You should assign the proxy appliance static IP address in the virtual lab settings, and update your production router settings to forward all request destined into masquerade network (as configured in virtual lab settings) to the proxy appliance IP address. Alternatively, if you only need to access select VMs in the isolated network, you can use virtual lab's Static Address Mapping feature and point specific IP addresses in the production network to selected IP addresses in the isolated network. Proxy appliance will grab specified production IP addresses for its production network interface, and will take care of routing automatically.
F.A.Q. wrote:Q: I can ping and access sandbox VMs running in the isolated environment by masquearade IP address from backup server, but not from any other computer?
A: This is because routing table was updated automatically on Veeam Backup server as a part of SureBackup job. If you execute route print you will see one of routes pointing to proxy appliance IP address in production network. So, to make other computers able to access sandbox VMs, you should either update their local routing table (note that Universal AIR wizard does this automatically), or configure router in your environment accordingly to make this work for all computers at once (however, it might be easier to use Static Mapping feature of the virtual lab instead).
Hope this helps!
timvk
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: TimVK

Post by timvk »

I already found the option of the static mapping in the virtual lab. But I still cannot ping or access my PC with its "public" IP address :(
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

If you need help setting the product up correctly, it would be more efficient to setup a webex session with our support. Thanks!