Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
depps
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Epps

Fujitsu Eternus DX60?

Post by depps »

Anyone here using Fujitsu Eternus DX60's?

http://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Pub ... -ww-en.pdf

Seem like exceptional value for a backup repository, prices start at about £4000 with 5TB raw. Getting pricing for one full of 4TB nearline sas disks at the moment.

Even with less than stellar performance it should beat the pants of QNAP stuff and be a lot cheaper than Dell iSCSI.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Fujitsu Eternus DX60?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,
Probably other users would share their experience, but this device does not seem to be very popular as its hard to find any users mentioning across the net.

I am not sure but Dell PowerVault starting price is somewhere around 4200USD and Fujitsu Eternus is about 6000USD so for me PowerVault wins.
depps
Enthusiast

Re: Fujitsu Eturnus DX60?

Post by depps »

MD3200 would be in that pricepoint and doesnt seem to support 4TB disks.
HDClown
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Re: Fujitsu Eturnus DX60?

Post by HDClown » 1 person likes this post

I looked at Fujitsu Eternus stuff while shopping for new primary SAN. I'm in the USA and Fujitsu doesn't do very much marketing here but they are huge in Asian markets. Their servers are top notch and extremely reliable, and everything I read and learned about Eternus storage says it's also very reliable. It's fairly basic storage (not a ton of bells and whistles) but that keeps cost down. In the USA, it's pretty low cost. I ended up choosing Hitachi HUS 110 for new primary SAN and am using direct attached storage and Synology NAS's for Veeam repositories.
t.gebler
Influencer
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Tobias Gebler

Post by t.gebler » 1 person likes this post

Hey guys,

I m a fujitsu select expert partner and we are deploying Fujitsu SANs, mainly the DX80/90 and now the DX80/90-S2 Models for more then 4 years now. I m also a netapp partner and been working with HP Evas and lefthands, so I know storage from Various points. I used to love HP equipment, since I m working with fujitsu, that changed. I have to say that FTS is manufacturing Servers and some SANs here close to Munich. So the Support is unbeatable. Fujitsu Servers are also very reliable, awesome management features, better then HP iLO. 5 years ago I talked to my boss and I refused to work with Fujitsu equipment, I would never believed that I love that stuff so much now. We install many Eternus SANs for townships and federal Offices. So when they spend their money in it, it cant be that bad.

I love the Eternus SANs, we use them as VMWare storage and they have never let us down. I build Midrange Scaled SAP/VMWare Environments on FC Storage and the SAP Consultants were amazed by its performance.
They are simple and fast to install and easy to manage, its right, they dont bring allot of features, but what in the world do you need for a reliable, fast VMWare storage when you re working with Veeam?

If you have questions about FTS equipment or you need info, just connect me and I will be glad to help.
Tobias Gebler
ametras
depps
Enthusiast

Post by depps »

Currently they're comming in more expensive than the MD3200i when loaded with disks so dont think i'll be going with them. More likely a NX3600 or DotHill 3430.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Tobias, thank you for the perfect feedback!
depps
Enthusiast

Post by depps »

d.popov wrote:Tobias, thank you for the perfect feedback!
Yes thanks too!