Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Slappy3243
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Adam Kimbell

Imported backups all going under one job name

Post by Slappy3243 »

Hello,

We recently upgraded to VEEAM 6.5 with patch 3. As part of my job, I do testing with instant recoveries to make sure the backups are clean. This is my first time doing so since we did the upgrade. In the past, when I would import a backup, it would create its own job name for that particular import. However, since the patch, whenever I import a job, it is just adding those VMs to the first job I imported. This doesn't make sense to me. As far as I am concerned, each imported job should contain the VMs that are part of the job and nothing else. Does anybody else have this problem? Thank you.

-Adam
Slappy3243
Novice

Re: Imported backups all going under one job name

Post by Slappy3243 »

I am linking to an image to explain my issue. If you look at the picture at the top, you will see a job called "Appserver_imported". It's only supposed to have a couple of VMs listed here. Instead, when I imported other jobs, it just inserts them into the "Appserver_imported" job. I have expanded the jobs below to show you what I mean. Each job has its respective VMs listed and this makes it neat and organized and easy to sort. Now it's just throwing all of the VMs under one job name. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks.

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Adam,

Do you have all vbk files located in the same folder by any chance? Can you please create any temp folder and move one of the vbk files there and then try to import it to the backup console? Do you see the same behavior?

Thank you!
Slappy3243
Novice

Post by Slappy3243 »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hello Adam,

Do you have all vbk files located in the same folder by any chance? Can you please create any temp folder and move one of the vbk files there and then try to import it to the backup console? Do you see the same behavior?

Thank you!
Hello,

It seems when I moved one of the vbk files to a folder I called "temp" and then imported it, the process worked as it should. Is there any way around this? I ask because most of our backups go to the same root folder on the offsite RDX catridges. Please let me know. Thank you.

-Adam
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I'm afraid that this is a known issue that can be observed when vbk files are stored in the same folder. Please use the proposed workaround until this behavior gets fixed.
Slappy3243
Novice

Post by Slappy3243 »

Vitaliy S. wrote:I'm afraid that this is a known issue that can be observed when vbk files are stored in the same folder. Please use the proposed workaround until this behavior gets fixed.

I will do so. I didn't have this issue until after the upgrade which is unfortunate. Thank you for your help.

-Adam
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Actually this issue existed even in 6.x version, just checked it.
Slappy3243
Novice

Post by Slappy3243 »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Actually this issue existed even in 6.x version, just checked it.
We came from 6.1.x and we didn't have this problem, I guarantee it. We have been storing these backups the same way for a long while now. VEEAM 6.1 was smart enough to create a job for each imported vbk.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, I will pass this info to our QC team. Thanks!