Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BearHuntr
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

v.7 Components Update for Proxies.

Post by BearHuntr »

I'm doing a POC test of v.7 by installing it on a separate server as mentioned in the FAQ:
Q: Can 7.0 and previous versions be installed on the same server?
A: No. You can, however, run different versions in parallel on different servers while processing the same VMs without any issues (as long as jobs do not overlap). This is the approach most of our customers choose for POC testing of new versions before upgrading their production deployment.
I restored the latest configuration backup from my backup repository to copy all of the settings to the new v.7 server and it is prompting me to do a Components Update on the Veeam Proxy servers. I need to continue using these proxy servers for my production jobs in v6.5, will updating them break anything on the old version? I skipped over that update to complete the config restore, but it keeps prompting me to update them every time I start v.7. Should I just update a couple for testing? I've made sure that all my jobs are disabled on the v.7 server as I want to switch them over 1 by 1. Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: v.7 Components Update for Proxies.

Post by foggy »

I believe you cannot use the same proxy server with different management consoles. The scenario mentioned in the FAQ means that you use the default proxy server installed as the part of the new installation or deploy additional proxies on other servers. Besides, if this is a POC testing, you probably would not want to use the same production servers in this test.

Moreover, upgrading through configuration backup and restore seems to be not working in this release.
BearHuntr
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by BearHuntr »

Ok, I'll make sure to use separate proxies for the new v.7 server. Restoring the v.6.5 configuration backup on the v.7 server seemed to work just fine from what I can tell, was there a particular function that didn't work with that restore?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Not sure, need to check with QC.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Restoring config backup across versions is not supported.