Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bfox07
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam ONE 6.0.0.520 - disable polling interval rollups?

Post by bfox07 »

How can I change the polling interval so that it only keeps the granular, 20 second data? Currently it only keeps the 20 second data for 1 hour, then it rolls up into 5 minute intervals, which will not work for us. I am not concerned about database size, performance, or long term historical data. We need the 20 second granularity for troubleshooting purposes. Is there a SQL job that rolls up the data that I could modify or delete? Or is there a setting somewhere else that I can change? Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam ONE 6.0.0.520 - disable polling interval rollups?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Real-time data (20 seconds intervals) is stored in systems cache, and extending the period to keep 20 seconds data stamps for will increase RAM requirements for your Veeam ONE server significantly. There is no setting to disable rollups, but there are some tweaks in the support utility that can be used to adjust our default polling intervals. If you want to adjust these settings, please contact our technical team for assistance, but please note that changing our default intervals will make your Veeam ONE installation unsupported.

On a side note, can you please clarify for how long do you want to keep 20 seconds intervals?

Thank you!
bfox07
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by bfox07 »

Adding memory is not a problem. The physical server Veeam runs on has 16GB now but I'm happy to increase it if needed. I would like the 20 second data for one week if possible. Can you post the steps here to make this change?

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I don't have it handy, so contact our support team, they should guide you through the required steps.
nsimao
Veeam Software
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Nelson Simao

Post by nsimao »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hello,

Real-time data (20 seconds intervals) is stored in systems cache, and extending the period to keep 20 seconds data stamps for will increase RAM requirements for your Veeam ONE server significantly. There is no setting to disable rollups, but there are some tweaks in the support utility that can be used to adjust our default polling intervals. If you want to adjust these settings, please contact our technical team for assistance, but please note that changing our default intervals will make your Veeam ONE installation unsupported.

On a side note, can you please clarify for how long do you want to keep 20 seconds intervals?

Thank you!
If the above change is made, is it also possible for the "VMware Raw Data Performance Report" to also display 20 second interval data stamps?

When I select a "day" as the period, it displays all data stamps for metrics in 5 minute data stamps.

Thanks Vitaliy
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Nelson,

Real-time (20 seconds data stamps) is stored in system's RAM, so I'm not sure it is possible to add these metrics to the report, but I will double-check. Can you please provide a use case for such granular reporting on performance data?

Thanks!
nsimao
Veeam Software
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Nelson Simao

Post by nsimao »

Thanks for the prompt reply Vitaliy.

A customer is experiencing an issue in his environment that occurs within the 5 minute interval and may only last for a minute or two.

I recommended he use Veeam Monitor as this would provide the performance metrics in 20 second intervals for the past hour, but he preferred this in a spreadsheet format from the reports.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You are absolutely right that Monitor is the best tool to troubleshoot any issues in real-time, however what issue are we talking about that can happen within 5 min interval that your customer is trying to catch?