Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
petrtoth
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Petr Tóth

Tape autoloader operates as a standalone drive

Post by petrtoth »

Hello,

we use Veeam 7 and HP Autoloader 1/8 G2. During back-uping to tapes the process is stop in time the first tape is full. We have to manually set autoloader for the next tape. Is here any option to make this process automatically?

Many thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Tape Autoloader

Post by veremin »

Hi, Petr. It seems that a given library hasn’t been detected correctly. So, may I ask you to provide a couple of screenshots:

• Screenshot of Windows Device Manager where the tape library and tape drives can be seen
• Screenshot of corresponding VB&R node where the tape drives are shown

Thanks.
petrtoth
Novice

Post by petrtoth »

tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler » 2 people like this post

Based on that screenshot it looks like the Autoloader does not have the vendor provided windows driver installed and thus it's detecting only a standalone tape device, however, it's not quite 100% clear since the Medium Changer device node was not open in device manager. If you can open this my guess is you'll see a "Unknown Media Changer Device". Uploading a screenshot with that node would tell a lotl
petrtoth
Novice

Post by petrtoth » 1 person likes this post

Many thanks,

I checked the control in node "Medium Changer devices" and it was "Unknown Media Changer Device" as you write before. I already installed the right one and everything is working great.

Many thanks