Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
xaxxator
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Daniel Piotrowski

Veeam B&R v7 & Data Domain VTL

Post by xaxxator »

Hi,
How to configure Veeam and Data Domain to do backup on tape? DataDomain VTL is configured as L180 and Windows Server has ibm drivers installed, so the library is listed on Device Manager like IBM Tape Library. DD VTL has 4 tape-drives and 100 tape-slots, and CAP.
The problem is that veeam cannot import any tapes after importing them into CAP using DD gui.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam B&R v7 & Data Domain VTL

Post by veremin »

May I ask you to try to move (via DD GUI) tape media to a slot, instead of, Cartridge Access Port and see whether it helps or not? Though, we’re still interested in this scenario, so, kindly open a ticket with our support team and provide all required logs there. Thanks.
xaxxator
Novice

Post by xaxxator »

I've tested it already and it didnt help. I tried to move tapes into CAPs, slots and drives with no success.. Ok, I'll open a ticket
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Don’t forget to update the topic with corresponding ticket number, so that, we can follow your case. Thanks.
xaxxator
Novice

Post by xaxxator » 1 person likes this post

v.Eremin wrote:Don’t forget to update the topic with corresponding ticket number, so that, we can follow your case. Thanks.
Support case number is 00434427.

Regards,
Daniel