Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JustinCredible
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Justin D

WAN acceleration only for Enterprise?

Post by JustinCredible »

Was this disclosed when v7 was announced? Allllll the ads I've seen for it didn't mention it being an Enterprise only feature. Being super eager to get this feature I've been waiting for ever since I've been using VEEAM, I was incredibly disappointed (but I suppose not too incredibly shocked) that it appears to be an enterprise only thing. For the price of Enterprise, I could pay double and get two Riverbed appliances and be able to use it for more than just VEEAM. What a great disappointment :( VEEAM, I thought I knew ye... I guess it's a great marketing strategy, to not point out that regular joe needs to pay 10x the cost of their current software to get WAN acceleration... Build suspense and eventually some people will say "well shit.... Ah fine I guess I'll upgrade...". But not those of us who couldn't possibly afford it. I guess it'll be time to shop alternatives again at the end of my support. What a let down :(

Or maybe I just missed the 1pt-size text that did mention it being an enterprise only feature in the ads and I'm the asshole, either way..WAAAH!
/endrant
JustinCredible
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Justin D

Re: WAN acceleration only for Enterprise?

Post by JustinCredible »

That little detail must have been purposefully omitted. With this very thorough article here http://www.veeam.com/blog/countdown-to- ... ion-2.html it is highly unlikely you "forgot to mention" it's enterprise-only since you covered so many things about it. The only conclusion I can draw was this was done on purpose. Now I am a seriously sad panda.
andersonts
Veteran
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Tim Anderson

Post by andersonts »

Hi Justin so first and foremost the announcement was published back in May http://www.veeam.com/news/veeam-announc ... on224.html and is an Enterprise Plus feature as stated in the news release. For anyone who purchased Enterprise Edition prior to the end of July they have upgrade rights to Enterprise Plus at no additional charge via the licensing portal. When maintenance comes due the customer will need to renew at the Enterprise Plus tier of course but again no charge for the upgrade. Sorry for your frustration just wanted to make sure you know the information was out there so you don't feel like it was something that was just announced.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, this was not intentionally ommited in marketing docs but rather widely discussed here on forums.
JustinCredible wrote:For the price of Enterprise, I could pay double and get two Riverbed appliances and be able to use it for more than just VEEAM.
I would also note that general purpose WAN accelerators will not provide savings comparable to Veeam B&R built-in acceleration as it is specifically tuned for Veeam-specific backup data traffic transfer.

Plus, this is not the only feature you are getting with the Enterprise Plus edition.