Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

Question about new virtual lab for replicas - Full DR test?

Post by davidb1234 »

When I've used the virtual lab feature previously it performs pretty poorly if you do not have your backups on good storage, etc. I've typically only been able to use it with a few VMs running in a virtual lab at one time.

My question is this. With the new virtual lab for replicas functionality is it possible to perform a full DR test of an entire replicated environment with a surebackup job? Since all of the VMs should be running on decent storage and not taken from compressed backups, would these VMs have the full performance capability of your DR environment available to them so that we could hypothetically start up the entire DR site as a surebackup job for a big DR test?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Question about new virtual lab for replicas - Full DR te

Post by veremin »

Hi, David. Yep, I believe performance rates should differ reasonably, since in this case the Virtual Machines would be started not from highly-deduped and compressed backup files, but rather from a decent storage device. Thanks.
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

Post by davidb1234 »

v.Eremin wrote:Hi, David. Yep, I believe performance rates should differ reasonably, since in this case the Virtual Machines would be started not from highly-deduped and compressed backup files, but rather from a decent storage device. Thanks.
Are we able to use a surebackup job for a replica using a specific snapshot that the replica has or only the most recent snapshot?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

From my perspective, previously existed “Start to” option should meet your expectation in this case, as well. Thanks.