Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

What are WAN accelerator requirements?

Post by davidb1234 »

I am setting up an environment in a few weeks that will need backup copy jobs to a remote storage. I am unsure what will be available to me in this regard and would like to see if we can get the WAN accelerator feature implemented for this but I need to know what is needed on the target side since the target storage will not be owned by us but will likely be shared with our data center provider. At a minimum what is needed to implement WAN accelerator over a 100MB WAN link?

I will likely not have admin rights to the target server so this will probably complicate things. I want to be able to go to our data center provider and tell them exactly what I need from them to make this happen.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: What are WAN accelerator requirements?

Post by foggy »

David, please refer to the user guide for complete system requirements for the server with WAN accelerator installed. Basically, the WAN Accelerator role can be assigned to any existing Windows-based machine in your target environment.
davidb1234
Expert

Post by davidb1234 »

Do i need system admin credentials on that server or can we supply them with an installation package and let them do the installation? I'll go start peeling through the guide...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The role is installed through the Veeam B&R console and you need local administrator credentials to add it to the managed servers.
davidb1234
Expert

Post by davidb1234 »

foggy wrote:The role is installed through the Veeam B&R console and you need local administrator credentials to add it to the managed servers.
Can these credentials be specified manually or does there need to be a trust relationship(same domain)?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Either way. Local account, or another domain's account will work fine (no need for trust relationship).