Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tomerl
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tomer Leibovich

Case#00441074 - HotAdd not supported

Post by tomerl »

Hello,

I am a new customer of Veeam and have this serious issue.
I have Exchange 2010 environment on vSphere 5.1 that must have backups and consists of several VM's including 3 Mailbox Servers.
Each Mailbox server have 15 disks connected to it and all of them were created as mount points inside the servers, with MS recommendation.
I am able to successfully create backup with HotAdd on every VM, except for the mailbox servers.
Each time I am trying to create backup of one of the mailbox servers, I'm getting error HotAdd is not supported - failing to Network mode, this result in the backup process 50MB/S instead of 250MB/S, which in turn takes hours to backup the entire VM since the entire VM is 5TB, not to mention that after 1 successful backup, removing the snapshot from the VM takes also hours.

I double checked everything that should prevent me from using HotAdd, including creating 3 more SCSI controllers to avoid SCSI issues, nothing is helping me out.

Can anyone assist me with this?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Case#00441074 - HotAdd not supported

Post by veremin »

Hi, Tomer. Have you already seen the list of VMware Hot-ADD limitations? Also, it might be worth double checking whether disks in questions are ISCSI, not IDE ones. Thanks.
tomerl
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tomer Leibovich

Post by tomerl »

Hi,

The disks are ISCSI and already checked the list, so far so good but still not so good.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Then let's wait for what support can come up with, as the exact reason of the failure to use hotadd should clearly be stated in the corresponding job log.