Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
wwITman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Wester

Veeam Monitor non-functional after domain join

Post by wwITman »

Was using your Veeam Monitor for a few days (workgroup member) then joined my admin workstation to a domain (Windows SBS 2008). At this point it stopped working so I thought a reinstall was in order. Installed fine but when I run Server Settings I get a "Monitor group does not exist. Do you want to create it?". Choosing YES responds with "Can't create group "Veeam Monitoring"". At this point it is not functional and the ADD ESX is grayed-out.

Collector Service Status: Running
Database Status: OK

Anyone?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Monitor non-functional after domain join

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Bill,

The only limitation that I'm aware of is that Veeam Monitor doesn't support installation on the DC machine, cause we need local groups to be presented. Can you please check that you have those groups (Veeam Monitoring and Veeam Monitoring Trusted) created on the machine where Veeam Monitor was installed (SBS 2008)? Are you able to create them manually and run the setup once again?

Thank you.
wwITman
Novice

Post by wwITman »

The "Veeam Monitoring" and "Veem Monitoring Trusted" are local groups on my Windows 7 workstation. Is it possible that these group were deleted after the first uninstall and when recreated don't have the necessary permissions?

---------------------------
Local Users and Groups
Each group has a unique identifier in addition to its name. Deleting a group deletes this identifier and it cannot be restored, even if you create a new group with an identical group name. This can prevent members of the deleted group from accessing resources they currently have permission to access.
Are you sure you want to delete the group Veeam Monitoring?
Yes No
wwITman
Novice

Post by wwITman »

I have been able to fix the "Cannot Create Groups..." error by maually deleting then and allowing Veeam Monitor Server Settings to recreate. I then added my account (domain admin) to to both groups. But, the "Add ESX" button is still grayed so I cannot create a conection to my ESXi server.
Now all I get when I start Veeam Monitor is a dialog stating "Could not connect to Veeam Monitor Server. Please check "Options" -> "General" -> "Veeam Monitor Server".
The "Collector service status" is "Running" and the "Database status" is "OK". At the bottom of the monitor window is displaying a message "Service: computername (disconnected and running)".

Where do I go from here? Any suggestions?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Bill,

Could you please send us logs from Options -> Server Settings -> Logs to support@veeam.com, so we could see what is preventing client part to connect to the server.

Also can you send us UI logs which can be found at Help->about->view log

Thank you
davegold
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dave Gold

Post by davegold »

Hi,

What was the solution to this?

Dave
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dave,

This is a pretty old topic and OP hasn't mentioned his ticket number, so I cannot update you on the resolution. Please open a support ticket with our technical team directly if you have similar issue.

Thanks.