Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Single job with 2 Exchange VMs in DAG

Post by trackstar »

Guys,

On version 7, I noticed that about halfway through the job (the first Exchange server is at 50%+ completion), the second Exchange server from the list started to run. Is this a concern? Both Exchange servers are in a DAG (Exchange 2010).

On version 6.5, the second VM waited until the first one is completed.

Thanks,
TS
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Single job with 2 Exchange VMs in DAG

Post by foggy »

This is most likely due to parallel processing functionality introduced in v7. It is, however, not enabled by default with the upgrade, so please confirm that you've performed a clean installation of this version.

To get back to the previous behavior, you either need to disable it in the product settings or limit the number of maximum concurrent tasks on the proxy server.
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Post by trackstar »

foggy wrote:This is most likely due to parallel processing functionality introduced in v7. It is, however, not enabled by default with the upgrade, so please confirm that you've performed a clean installation of this version.

To get back to the previous behavior, you either need to disable it in the product settings or limit the number of maximum concurrent tasks on the proxy server.

I did a clean install on a new server. I took the default on both installations (6.5 & 7).
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The clean installation of Version 7 enables parallel processing. So, as mentioned above, you can either disable it or explicitly set the number of concurrent task backup proxy/repository can handle. Thanks.