Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
jevontane
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jevon Tane

Report data blank when running report from URL remotely

Post by jevontane »

Hi,

Yesterday I carried out an in place upgrade of Veeam ONE from 6.5 to 7.0. We have staff who regularly run reports from their own PCs using each Veeam Reports URL but since the upgrade these reports show no metrics. The report layout, graphs and tables, exists but no lines in the graphs or numbers. If the same URL is used in a browser on the Veeam ONE server, the report is produced perfectly fine.

I have tested this from both IE 9 and Chrome.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be broken here.

on a side note, here are some things that also had issues during the upgrade:
- Not all of the Backup & Replication Enterprise servers showed up under the 'Backup Infrastructure' scope when reporting on backups. I needed to remove and re-add the Backup & Replication servers losing all historical data
- I needed to re-add some custom alarms
- All exclusions I had previously added needed to be re-added to alarms
- When adding alarm exclusions, sometimes adding an exclusion would wipe out any exclusions that were already there.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Report data blank when running report from URL remotely

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jevon,

Can you please tell me if compatibility mode is enabled on the remote computers or not?

As to your side comments:
1. Did you also upgrade Veeam B&R servers? Was there anything in common between servers that didn't show up?
2. All custom alarms should have been preserved...Can you please tell me what alarms you had, so we could reproduce this behavior in our QC labs?
3. Seems like a bug. Thanks for the heads up!
4. I will ask our QC team to reproduce this.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jevon, can you please tell me how did you copy report URL? Did you use Report URL functionality? Also what reporting interval have you chosen for these reports?
jevontane
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jevon Tane

Post by jevontane »

Hi Vitaliy, further testing shows that if I start a browser, clear its cache, run the report (after entering credentials), the report doesn't work (blank report but formatting shows). If I refresh the page, the report works! Strange. This I can repeat time and time again. I've tried to answer your questions in red below.

Thanks!!
Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Jevon,

Can you please tell me if compatibility mode is enabled on the remote computers or not? I tried both and in IE9 and IE10 and popup blocker on and off

As to your side comments:
1. Did you also upgrade Veeam B&R servers? Was there anything in common between servers that didn't show up? B&R servers upgraded also. We only have the one Veeam ONE server and all B&R servers updated fine.
2. All custom alarms should have been preserved...Can you please tell me what alarms you had, so we could reproduce this behavior in our QC labs? There were two custom alarms I had created by copying the VM CPU Usage alarm and changing the assignment to a 'Business View' object from the default of 'Virtual Infrastructure'. Sorry my fault as I had found them after posting, but did not see them as I had sorted the view on Assignment and the assignments hadn't come through for the two custom alarms. It looks like Assignments and Exclusions don't come through.
3. Seems like a bug. Thanks for the heads up!
4. I will ask our QC team to reproduce this.

Jevon, can you please tell me how did you copy report URL? Did you use Report URL functionality? Also what reporting interval have you chosen for these reports? Yes I had used Report URL and the interval in the reports have varied but what I'm using to test now is using 1 month

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for the answers, we are now trying to reproduce your workaround for the missing data in reports issue.