Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cparker4486
Expert
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Chris

List of Cloud Providers available?

Post by cparker4486 »

Hi,

Maybe I'm using bad search terms, or maybe they just don't exist yet, but I'm looking for a Veeam cloud provider that I can replicate my data to and then use in a DR scenario. I know Veeam has a cloud provider program but I can't find any actual providers.

Anyone have a suggestion?
-- Chris
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Re: List of Cloud Providers available?

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Chris - great question, let me ask around...
zoltank
Expert
Liked: 41 times

Post by zoltank »

I'm very interested in this as well.
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

Urgh, seen right now at the reseller list, it shows only standard resellers, not the cloud provider ones.
Interested too in seeing a public list, since we are veeam cloud providers :)

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
pendragoncrw
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: C White

Post by pendragoncrw »

As I understand it from my Veeam rep, they are still working on getting this portion of the website going. I agree though, it's a big impediment to an otherwise very good program.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Here’s what I found out...

We’re just starting work on a directory of service providers for our website. It’s designed to support several different scenarios:

• B&R customer wants to extend their B&R infrastructure to the cloud. For example, have backup repositories, a backup server, recovery VMs, and/or replica VMs in the cloud.

• B&R customer is migrating workloads to the cloud or standing up new workloads in the cloud. Wants to find a hosting provider who uses B&R to protect hosted VMs or applications, so all workloads (on-premise and hosted) are protected by B&R. (This scenario could also allow the B&R customer to hold backups of hosted VMs or applications, to address concerns about what happens if the hosting provider experiences an outage.)

• Customer wants Backup or Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (BaaS / DRaaS) powered by Veeam.

The directory is still several weeks (possibly a few months) away. In the meantime, we’ll have an email address where you can request assistance locating a service provider in your area. We’ll also have an email address where service providers can request an application to be included in the directory (current Veeam ProPartners and Veeam Cloud Providers will automatically be sent an application). I’ll post the email addresses as soon as they’re available (should be early next week).

Thanks for the question, it will help keep this project moving forward.
cparker4486
Expert

Post by cparker4486 »

Hi Gostev,

Has that email address become available?
-- Chris
cparker4486
Expert

Post by cparker4486 »

Bump.
-- Chris
jlester
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jason Lester

Post by jlester »

If you go to this page:
Veeam Backup & Replication Cloud Edition

There is a link to show the current list of providers. I found it last night.
mongie
Expert
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Alex Macaronis

Post by mongie »

I don't think thats exactly what hes looking for. I think its more service providers who will run Veeam in the cloud for you - not cloud providers for Cloud Edition.
cparker4486
Expert

Post by cparker4486 »

That's correct.
-- Chris
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

The process is now established, and the following email addresses should work. This is a temporary process until we integrate everything right into our web-site.

If you're an end user and need assistance locating a Veeam service provider in your area, please email (obsolete)

If you’re a service provider and are interested in being included in the directory, you can email (obsolete) to request an application (current Veeam ProPartners and Veeam Cloud Providers will automatically be sent an application).
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Veeam Cloud Providers can now apply online to the directory. Here’s a link: http://propartner.veeam.com/propartner/ ... ectory.php

This is on the Veeam ProPartner portal, so you’ll need your ProPartner user ID and password to login.

The directory should be available in 1-2 weeks for customers and resellers to search, to find cloud providers who can provide offsite infrastructure for Veeam Backup & Replication. Offsite has always been a requirement (for example, in the event that you lose your primary datacenter or access to it), but out of reach (cost-wise – think hotsite or warmsite) for organizations that don’t have their own suitable second site. But the cloud is an offsite option that fits almost any budget.

With the upcoming release of v7, the launch of the directory is also timely. Backup copy jobs and built-in WAN acceleration provide an extremely efficient way to get backups to the cloud. (And the dual-proxy architecture for VM replication introduced in v6 makes replicating to the cloud a very practical option as well.)
zoltank
Expert
Liked: 41 times

Post by zoltank »

Is the directory searchable yet for customers? It doesn't seem like it is, and I'd like to use it to try and find a DR partner.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »