Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Alarm Management - Suppress

Post by trackstar »

Hello,

We are trying to reduce the number of alarms during the night when backups run. So I used the "suppress" feature and set it to not send alerts between 4:45pm - 5 am.

So after 5 am, the alarms started to send out massive alerts for "resolved/reset" alerts. I am thinking this is by designed since the suppress only hold the alerts from sending during the specific.

If that is the case, any workaround?

Thanks,
TT
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Alarm Management - Suppress

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Just to make sure I fully understand your scenario - you have specified to suppress alarms during the backup window, and there were no alarms triggered, but when the suppress period was over, you started to receive massive resolved alarm notifications only? Did you see any triggered alarms?

Thank you!
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Post by trackstar »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hello,

Just to make sure I fully understand your scenario - you have specified to suppress alarms during the backup window, and there were no alarms triggered, but when the suppress period was over, you started to receive massive resolved alarm notifications only? Did you see any triggered alarms?

Thank you!

I will have to log into the console during the time the alarms are suppressed to verify if they are triggered. Let me monitor for a few days and report back. Prior the suppression, we would get about 50 alarm alerts during the night (warning, etc) and then 50 more at the end (near 5 am) for resolved/reset.

Thanks,
TT
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please keep us updated on your findings, meanwhile we will try to reproduce this behavior internally.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

We couldn't reproduce it in our labs, so I would appreciate if you could provide a bit more information on this issue. When you specified suppression period were there any alarms already? What kind of alarms did you have? Performance ones?