Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gcousins
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Cousins

Hidden backups

Post by gcousins »

I'm backing up 3 VMs to a attached NAS device. The backup are scheduled and the logs show no errors, all 3 successfully backup. I can see one of the VM's backups on the NAS device (I can see all of its files) but not the other 2.

If I perform a file level restore from one of the hidden backups it shows me the disk and file structure of that particular backup. I'm baffled to where the files are stored, any ideas?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Hidden backups

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Gary,

Could you tell me please if you have one job for all three VMs or you've got separate jobs for each VM? Also can you clarify what files do you see on your destination NAS device?
gcousins
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Cousins

Post by gcousins »

I have 3 separate jobs, one for each VM. I have 2 vbk files one with the server's name, the other with the servers name and a date. I suspect that these are the first full backup ad a scheduled full backup. I also have 2 incremental files with the server's name and dates. The file type is .vrb

All four files have the one server's name.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Gary,

Please open a support ticket stating about this problem to support@veeam.com, I believe you'll be asked for a screenshot of your destination storage (NAS device) as well as the job logs, which can be found at Help|Support Information, so we could help you.

Thank you.