Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
domenicalvaro
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Domenic Alvaro

File to Tape Notifications

Post by domenicalvaro »

I was a little disappointed to find that Veeam B&R v7 doesn't include Backup to Tape support, but I can live with that limitation by using File to Tape instead.

However, there doesn't seem to be any way to send email notifications on File to Tape jobs. This is a major limitation of Standard Edition. Basically, if I want to have email confirmation of successful tape jobs I need to upgrade to Enterprise Edition, or manually log into the console and check each day. Surely email notifications on File to Tape jobs isn't too much to ask for.

Am I missing something here?
domenicalvaro
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Domenic Alvaro

Re: File to Tape Notifications

Post by domenicalvaro »

It looks like I did miss something.

I have found that File to Tape jobs send notifications based on the e-mail settings specified on the Options screen, unlike Backup jobs, which are specified within the job itself. Not sure why it's like this, but as long as it works I'm happy.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone else.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: File to Tape Notifications

Post by veremin »

Hi, Domenic. Yep, you’re right – the notification options of “files” jobs, such as file copy job, file to tape job, etc. are controlled via global notification settings. Thanks.