Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
briggs
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alan Thompson

Veeam repository lost

Post by briggs »

Hi all,
Just a quick question, I don't know the answer as I've used Veeam for all of 10 days or so!
I've had a problem with our NAS box, that holds the Veeam repository. All our backups so far were on there, until this morning.
My question is this...

Will the Veeam server just realise it can't find an existing restore point, and start from scratch, with a full backup at the next schedule? It's set to reverse incrementals, with different retensions for each job.
Do I let it handle this or do I need to re-create jobs?

Thanks, Alan
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam repository lost

Post by veremin »

Hi, Alan. You will have to apply the following registry key to force creation of a new backup chain: kb1154

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Alan,

...or select to run active full pass, no need to re-create all your backup jobs.

Thanks!
InFrance
Influencer
Liked: never

[MERGED] Accidental deletion of a repository

Post by InFrance »

Appologies for not having a support case ID, I have tried several times to open a support case but I always seem to hang for on on step 2.

During a NAS migration, one of our Veeam backup repositories was accidently erased.

We have a copy of the repository but it was a copy from the previous nights backup run. ie Last nights Veeam backups are lost.

We are using Veeam v7.0 and all backups are reverse incrementals.

If we copy the old repository back, can you tell me how this will affect tonights backup run? Will the jobs run correctly but just take a little longer or will they all fail due to missing backups files?

Any help much appreciated
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: [MERGED] Accidental deletion of a repository

Post by foggy »

InFrance wrote:If we copy the old repository back, can you tell me how this will affect tonights backup run? Will the jobs run correctly but just take a little longer or will they all fail due to missing backups files?
Jobs will fail unless you specify the registry key mentioned above or perform an active full manually. Thanks.
InFrance
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by InFrance »

Thank you for your replies. I will add the registry key