Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Ildar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ildar Khabibullin

Report Virtual Machines. Switched-off VMs error

Post by Ildar »

Hi.
I have a problem with the generation of report Virtual Machines. Switched-off.
With any parameters error appears:
"An error has occured during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Query execution failed for dataset 'AnalysisDS'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)"

Some other reports are generated normally.

Please help with the keys.

My configuration:
dedicated servers OS Win2012St:
1. DB MSSQl2012
2. SCOM2012SP1
3. VES 6.0.0.1421 w Patch 1
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Report Virtual Machines. Switched-off VMs error

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Ildar,

Is it running for a long time before displaying this message? Is it going to work if you specify only one or two virtual machines in the reporting scope?

Could you tell us if any other report doesn't work properly?

I would recommend you also to open a support ticket. Our technical support team should be able to help you, they are the best!

Thanks.
Ildar
Novice

Post by Ildar »

Hi Sergey

Sorry for my English is referring to his limited knowledge and lack of forum for veeam in the language we have to use translators. In case of errors in the translation is ready to continue the conversation in Russian in an email.

With your questions:
- The message is issued after 1-2 seconds.
- I tried to generate a range of dates - the week quarter, in the range of VM - the whole group, 50 VM, 2 VM. The result in all cases the same.
- Checked all the reports of Veeam Vmvare Analyusis Report and found that a similar mistake Virtual Machines running the report. Idle VMs. In the other groups examined the reports, not all, but the ones I checked did not give errors.
- I believe in supporting Veeam, but I do not have production licenses for the opening of the case. How to do it otherwise, and whether in this case the result expected of them I do not know. Maybe you tell me?

Thank you for your participation.
sergey.g
Veteran

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Ildar,

This looks like an issue with your SCOM data wharehouse. Are you sure you've sucessfully imported all necessary veeam management packs? I would still recommend to submit a support case. Check how exactly the error looks like, you can do this by reviewing SRS logs. They should be on your SQL server, somewhere like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles". It would be helpful if you can reproduce the issue and attach latest log files to the support ticket.

The goal of our support team is to support our customers and help them install, configure and run our application sucessfully no matter if you are a current customer or a future customer. If you don't have a production license right now, it's in our best interest to provide you with excellent support, so that you are confident in making a decision about purchasing such a license in the future.

I'll also duplicate the reply in Russian.

Привет Ильдар,

Ваша проблема больше похожа на проблему с базой-хранилищем данных (data warehouse), как будто вы не все компоненты management pack-ов заимпортировали в SCOM, вы точно все MP заимпортировали? Я бы всё-таки рекомендовал вам обратиться в нашу службу поддержки. Также было бы здорово если вы можете посмотреть более детальную информацию об ошибке в логах SRS (SQL Server Reporting Services). Эти логи должны быть на вашем SQL сервере, например в "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles". Вы можете воспроизвести проблему а потом послать последние лог файлы с ошибкой нам в саппорт.

Задача нашей службы поддержки в том чтобы оперативно помогать нашим клиентам с конфигурацией, установкой и использованием наших продуктов. И не важно являетесь ли вы текущим клиентом или будущим клиентом. Наоборот, если у вас ещё нету постоянной лицензии в наших интересах предоставить вам качественный уровень технической поддержки чтобы вы лишний раз не сомневались при покупке лицензии в будущем :)

Спасибо.
Ildar
Novice

Post by Ildar »

Приветствую Сергей.

По Вашим рекомендациям:
- перепроверил импортированы ли все MP - на все MP включая patch1 SCOM показывает, что уже импортированы,
- выгрузил с Report сервера лог по факту выполнения запроса ссылка - http://www.ontext.info/54042.
- завел кейс в службе поддержки - №:00454213 TITLE:Report Virtual Machines. Switched-off VMs error SEVERITY:4 PRODUCT:Management Pack OPENED:2013-10-02 14:23:12

Спасибо за помощь.
sergey.g
Veteran

Post by sergey.g »

Hello Ildar,

So our tech support guys suggested you a workaround for non-US locales, did this do the trick?

Thanks.