Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Mailbox error after restored

Post by trackstar »

Hello,

I successfully restored but get this error when I tried to click on my "Inbox". The other folders in my account loaded up fine. Verified a dozen of other mailboxes it was fine except mine :shock: . Its version 7. I will restore a different date to see if there is a pattern.

I choose "Restore Microsoft Exchange Items..... and then waited for the databases to be mounted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Items loading

"JetError-1919, JET_errageNotInitialized, Blank database page"
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Mailbox error after restored

Post by Gostev »

Hi, please include support case ID when posting about any technical issues, as requested when you click New Topic. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Can you confirm that Exchange server has been backed up with Application Aware Image Processing? Also, what happens if you try to restore an Exchange VM, using Instant VM Recovery functionality, connect to it via Outlook client, and copy necessary items into PST file? Will you be able to copy required item or not?

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

trackstar wrote:"JetError-1919, JET_errageNotInitialized, Blank database page"
Are you sure it was JetError-1919, not 1019?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Btw, do you get this error after restoring items into production Exchange and then opening your mailbox or does it show up in Veeam Explorer for Exchange after mounting the database from backup and browsing to the mailbox?
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

Update!!!!

Guys,

I am not restoring to my production. I just restored it to test the integrity of the backup. I restored to the same machine as the Veeam backup server (Veeam Explorer opens up and mounted the database).

Yes, JetError-1019. My mistake! So far, I restored 9/24 & 9/25 and both dates had the same error on my mailbox. The restored was from Mailbox2 server which is the active database.

When I went to restored from Mailbox1 server (passive), it works fine. :mrgreen:

Background:
We put this Version of Veeam into production on 09/16.
2 Exchange 2010 mailbox servers in a DAG (both are included in the job, only one machine backups at a time)

Saturday: Synthetic Fully backup
Sunday - Friday :Incremental
FIrst Saturday of the month: Active Full (hasn't been run yet)
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

So, just to clear things up completely: are you getting this error in Veeam Explorer for Exchange console, when browse the mailbox after mounting the DB?
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

foggy wrote:So, just to clear things up completely: are you getting this error in Veeam Explorer for Exchange console, when browse the mailbox after mounting the DB?
Yes, that is correct. The error occurs on my account only.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Gostev wrote:Hi, please include support case ID when posting about any technical issues, as requested when you click New Topic. Thanks!
Locking and scheduling this thread for deletion, as case ID was not posted in 3 days. PM me the case ID for this issue if you'd like to re-open the thread.