Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
peste
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stefan Petershofer

Restored DC (Server 2003) won´t work normally

Post by peste »

Before someone asks: I add a ticket ID tomorrow (customer can´t wait) But my problem is, that i have a license but forgot to create an account for this custeromer. Instead the customers exchange server is down (due to this problem with the DC). So i should find another way to open the account (as said, i have a valid license - over PM i can send infos) and open a ticket.

First, this is our problem:

We have a Domain running with two dc’s. The fsmo-roles are running on a server 2003, the second dc is running on a terminalserver.

We had to restore the servers from veeam-backups because of disaster restore. Now we have some big problems with the dc on the server 2003. Before: The server runs through all 3 reboots (Safeboot and so on). We also tried it with replicas - but the same in the end. The VM was an physical DC longer time before. So no nature VM, if this is interesting.

Running dcdiag on the server 2003 shows, that Sysvol and the shares can not be connected and that no GC can be found. If we want to connect the DC in the Active-Directory we even can’t move the fsmo-roles to the Terminalserver (Windowsserver 2008R2).

As it seems, the AD is working on the restored Terminalserver quite well.

We are hoping to find help here and we would be very grateful.

Thank You very much.